Tips to keep your pets safe this 4th of July
The 4th of July is a great time to celebrate our freedom and enjoy time with family and friends. However, fireworks and loud noises can cause a lot of stress to your pets and more dogs go missing the night of the 4th of July than any other day of the year!
Follow these few tips to help your pet friends stay safe this year:
- Make sure they are wearing identification- If Fido does get out, at least make sure the tags are on and up to date.
- Leave your pets at home- The loud fireworks, unfamiliar places and crowded areas can all be too frightening for your pet to handle.
- Leave the TV or Radio on while you are out watching fireworks- A little background noise goes a long way to help soothe an anxious pet.
- Invest in a thunder jacket- these tight and weighted jackets can really help your pet feel more secure during scary times.
- If your neighborhood lights their own fireworks, check the yard for debris the next morning.
Have a great 4th of July!