Here are a few tips from Cornerstone to get ready for the Minnesota winter:
- Clean your gutters-this is so important for the roof. When snow melts on the roof it needs to be able to drain or you could have a nasty ice dam on your hands.
- Have your furnace checked and serviced by a licensed contractor, replace the filter, and check for any chimney build-up.
- Check weather stripping around doors, leaks in windows and other air escaping the home to save on your energy bills.
- Remove dead branches and trim trees that are getting too close to the house.
- Make sure you have shovels, a roof rake and ice melt on hand to keep your walkways safe!
For more winter preparation suggestions and a nice maintenance checklist, click here.