Summer is finally here! Here are a few tips for staying safe on those camping trips!
– Make sure you get there with plenty of daylight to set up your campsite.
– Build campfires in a contained area to prevent the fire from spreading.
– Wear layers of clothing allowing you to adjust for changes in temperature.
– It’s a good idea to wear long pants to protect from plants and insects.
– Store food properly- keep cold food cold and hot food hot.
– Make sure you have safe drinking water.
– Don’t hike alone or after dark.
For more tips on safe camping go to www.campsafe.org